Red Wings with great comeback.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert_eb, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

Did anyone see the Canucks blow a 3-0 lead against the Red Wings last night? I was switching between Colorado vs. Chicago and the Red Wing game. I was just about to give up on the Red Wings but I'm glad I watched that incredible comeback and have them win it in overtime. Bring on the playoffs![​IMG]

2. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Sure, rub our noses in it...[​IMG]

3. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Not many things make me happier than watching the Avalanche lose... [​IMG]
    Edit: Nevermind me, I'm an idiot. I was thinking back to last Saturday's game, not the big comeback against the Canucks. D'oh!

4. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

What an awesome comeback! I was going to post something about it here but figured it wouldn't attract much interest.

And how about that goal by m'man, Datsyuk? How cool it would be for him to win rookie-of-the-year.

Jon

5. David Oliver

David Oliver Second Unit

Sorry, I was too busy watching the surging Kings become the first team in NHL history to come into the NY/NJ metro area and sweep the Isles, Rangers, and Devils in the same road trip.

But, I did see a highlight of ex-King Lu-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-c Robitaille tying Bobby Hull for all time goals scored by a left winger.

6. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I don't really follow hockey much, but a friend of mine from grade school until he left to play AAA in grade 11 was drafted by the Red Wings in 96. His name is Jesse Wallin. Has he seen any real ice time yet?

7. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Looks like Jesse played in one NHL game in each of the past two seasons, otherwise spending his time in Cincinnati. He just got recalled to Detroit on Jan 4th, but it doesn't look like he's played at all...

8. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Jesse seems to be having a hard time getting into the Red Wing lineup. Not that someone should be ashamed of that! This year they resemble an All-Star team.

9. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Justin - Wallin has played in just one NHL game, the last game of last season. Also, he was not initially living up to expectations, but improved greatly and has recently, I believe, signed a one year contract. He had been injured and is just now, I think, recovering. I doubt that he'll see much, if any, NHL action this year, though (although, if there's one spot the Red Wings are a bit short on it's defense, so ya never know).

Jon

10. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Ya, I haven't heard from him in a long time. I didn't hear the whole story but several years ago he was in a car accident and I believe broke his ankle, which would have really been a set back.

He's a great guy though, if anyone deserves to make it he does. I can't remember if it was one or two years before he was drafted, but his father suffered from depression. One day he forgot to take his meds, and ended up blowing his face of with a handgun. Worst part was, Jesse was the one who found him. Even after that, he kept it together, graduated high school and managed to get drafted by the Red Wings as the last 1st round pick.

11. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Ugh, that was PATHETIC... I cant believe it.. one reason i dont root for the 'nucks and dont watch hockey anymore.. except to rub it into my brothers face (huge canuck fan)