Red Wings Fans.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PatB, Jun 6, 2002.

1. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

2 Questions: 1) I know, I'm ignorant but how did the tradition of throwing the Octopi start?
    2) In the 3rd period tonight about 5 minutes in the crowd started going crazy chanting something that was I think 2 words but I couldn't make it out. Was anyone there who knows what they were chanting? It was unreal, I can't believe the players could keep on playing, it sounded like the arena was casting a spell. I've never heard fans chant for that long and at that intensity. I was really impressed.
    Now we got a series.

2. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

The tradition started as there used to be 8 wins required to win the stanley cup (and an octopus has 8 legs). Now with expansion there is 16. The tradition stuck.

Im GUESSING they were chating "AR-TURS AR-TURS" as they chanted "PAT-RICK PAT-RICK" against the Avs.

3. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Actually they were chanting "DEN-NIS DEN-NIS DEN-NIS" in the hopes I would lace up the skates and play a shift [​IMG] BTW, I haven't skated in nearly 20 years!
    The fans at the Joe were something last night. I wasn't at the game, but on TV it looked and sounded like the most intense crowd in the last few years. I can't wait to see how nuts the crowds are in Carolina.

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I love Red Wing shoes! They last forever.

5. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

I thought they were changing Go.... Wings..... I wasn't at the game though.

6. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

7. Justin Doring

Justin Doring Screenwriter

I mistakenly thought this was going to be an appreciation thread on Red Wing shoes!