What's new

red tint on screen? (1 Viewer)

AdamSZ

Auditioning
i just have a quick question, and thought the pro's could explain it best. i recently bought Monser component video cables for my ps2. when i put them on, i noticed that my black screen now has a red tint to it(black as in when the game is loading or a really dark part of a movie, whats supposed to be black is reddish). its not that big of deal, and it goes away is theres a bright white or other bright color on the game of movie, but its kind of annoying.

at first i thought i had my tv on a stand thats too high, but its actually perfect for the height of my couch.

so i guess my question overall is, is there anyway to fix this reddish tint? or do i just have to deal with it?

oh yeah, i have an akai 42" hdtv(projection becuase im to broke to buy lcd or plasma).

Brad E

Second Unit
Not sure why there would be a red tint if there wasn't before. Could be the ps2, or maybe the cables but I doubt it.
Has your TV been calibrated? If not it's likely that there has always been a red push and you just didn't notice it until it was amplified by the component cables.

One way to fix it is to get a calibration disk. Use the ps2 to play the disk.
This could adversely affect everything else you watch though. Some TVs allow you to save settings in memory. If you find that the ps2 consistently shows more red than your dvd player or other source, you could save different settings and load them for whatever your watching.

I'd guess that your TV just needs a good calibration though and you probably won't need to save different settings.

Brad E

Second Unit
I'd recommend Avia or Digital Video Essentials.

Not sure if one is better than the other. DVE is good but figuring out how to navigate the menu takes some time.
Never tried Avia.

You should be able to get them at a local dvd store or online.

AdamSZ

Auditioning
well, i bought avia, it doesnt read on my PS2, but i used it in my regular dvd player. my TV picture looks a lot better, however, the red tint is still there when i switch to the PS2. a buddy of mine, my local HT information guru, said that my cables might be bad. but i dont have any information on them anymore, and i dont know if Monster would replace them without at least a reciept. he said if new cables doesnt fix it, then its probably the TV inputs... but i dont really wanna get that deep into it just so i can play games that look better.

i opted for avia, by the way, because i heard too many bad reviews about DVE being too hard to use as a first time user. avia is all kinds of easy though :)

hmm, thinking of it now, i guess i could switch from component 1 inputs to component 2 inputs to see if anything changes??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks