Red Tint on new TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ScottJChap, Dec 8, 2003.

1. ScottJChap

ScottJChap Auditioning

I just bought a Panasonic 47 inch Wide screen HDTV. I originally noticed it on my DVD player while in progressive scan, but have since seen that it is also on the other aspects of the TV. But basically when a color on the screen should be black (like deep black like a night sky, not someone with a black coat) the black appears to have a red tint to it

Is this a defect on some tv's or is it a feature I can fix

thanks a lot
    Scott

2. Paul_Ptaaty

Paul_Ptaaty Stunt Coordinator

Sounds like red push (too much red on the decoder) or a gray scale problem. Both are correctable in the service menu. To learn more go to the home theater spot, and check under the manufacturers for the Sony area. You may need to pay the fee to join (I did) then you have full access to all the tweaks that will show you what everything in the service menu does and other ways to get the most out of your TV. I also recommend picking up the Digital Video Essential or Avia Guide to home theater DVDs, this will give you all the steps to start getting your tv set up properly.

The other easy way out is to have it ISF calibrated, which will give the best picture but is expensive.

3. ScottJChap

ScottJChap Auditioning

I will definetly give it a look

but I don't think it is a problem in the menu, because it hasvery little to tweak suprisingly

but I might have to call to get it fixed under warrenty

thanks a lot

Scott

Also where is this "home theater spot"?

4. John S

John S Producer

The service menu is not usually one of the regular menus one see's.....