What's new

Red Tails (2012)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Title: Red Tails

Tagline: High-Octane Action and Daring Dogfights!

Genre: Drama, Action, Adventure, History, War

Director: Anthony Hemingway

Cast: Bryan Cranston, David Oyelowo, Cuba Gooding Jr., Daniela Ruah, Terrence Howard, Andre Royo, Robert Kazinsky, Lee Tergesen, Matthew Leitch, Michael B. Jordan, Method Man, Gerald McRaney, Matthew Marsh, Barnaby Kay, Chris Riedell, Leslie Odom Jr., Nate Parker, Marcus T. Paulk, Kevin Phillips, Paul Fox, Lars van Riesen, David Gyasi, Josh Dallas, Okezie Morro, Aml Ameen, Nathaniel Martello-White, Anthony Welsh, Rick Otto, Rupert Penry-Jones, Ryan Early, Brian Gross, Ciarán McMenamin, Matthew Alan, Michael Dixon, Paul Hampshire, Leon Ockenden, Dan Hirst, Mark Doerr, Richard Conti, Philip Bulcock, Dave Power, Sam Daly, Justin Irving, Tina D'Marco, Jaime King, Sam Kennard, Tristan Mack Wilds, Ne-Yo

Release: 2012-01-19

Runtime: 125

Plot: The story of the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II.

I just read this link:

Dark Horizons link

where Rick McCallum says that Lucas is finishing the Red Tails script. McCallum also says the movie will shoot next year.

I wonder if Lucas will be directing?

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I am also curious to see what Lucas can do post-Star Wars. It's easy for me to bash the prequels, but some of that is laced with nostalgia memories. I'm eager to see his new output.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
it will probably be the first world war two film to not feature any models, sets, actual surviving planes or replicas.

Heck it may not even have actors. :)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
He's producing Indy 4, Spielberg is directing, so he should be able to do both.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I think George Lucas is a fantastic visual director & he hasn't ever made a movie that I didn't like.

I'm really looking forward to this next project of his.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Per another site, he has gotten John Ridley to work on a script. Ridley is most famous for Undercover Brother, a film I love. This material is quite different :)

But some movement is better than none.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's an interview with McCallum in the new Star Wars Insider where he talks briefly about it.

Here's the info:

-They have a writer currently working on the script (as AICN said)
-They hope to have a first draft complete by Christmas.
-They're not sure if it's a summer movie or a winter movie.
-If the script is what they want, they'll start in March or April and if it's not, they'll hopefully start in the fall 2008.
-They've scouted locations in Italy, Croatia, Tunisia, and Hungary.
-Lucas isn't direcing and they'll choose a director when they finish the script.
-ILM is going to work on it (surprise :) ).
-The story isn't about racism or the fight to setup the Tuskegee Airmen, it's an adventure story about what happened once they were serving in the military.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I can now get to HTF during the day. Weird, huh?

I would like for it to be a bit more than an adventure movie. Flying in WWII wasn't really an "adventure" anyway. The TA deserve a top-notch film, and that starts with the script. Hopefully, they'll get it.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm a bit disappointed that Lucas won't direct. Writing is his weak spot...I do believe he could direct a great film here if he had a good script to work from. I love his visual style and hope we will get to see it in some non-SW films in the future.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks