What's new

Red Shoe Diaries - where has the Season 1 set gone? (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The "first season" of the Showtime cable series The Red Shoe Diaries was set for release on Region 1 from Anthem Pictures. You could pre-order it on Amazon.com for around $37. However I thought something was wrong about the information about the set.

It said the total running time was about 6 hours. The first season consisted of only 4 episodes. They were around 30-35 minutes long (not including ad breaks) when shown on Channel Five (now five) in the UK.

Then the set was cancelled and nothing happened. I checked Anthem Pictures' website a few months ago and there was nothing on there about the Season 1 set or the Red Shoe Diaries: Las Vegas TV series.

I loved George S. Clinton's music score in this series.

Does anyone here know if there's a website which has the original airdates of all 67 episodes of the series? I'm trying to put together an episode guide to the series on an episode guide website.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
WaveCrest said:
Does anyone here know if there's a website which has the original airdates of all 67 episodes of the series? I'm trying to put together an episode guide to the series on an episode guide website.
According to TV.com there were 78 episodes (and yes, you can find an episode list there, too. No idea how accurate it is).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Episodes from The Red Shoe Diaries have been released on DVD, but not separately in season sets. Several episodes were released as cable TV movies -three episodes edited into one cable TV movie - and were released on DVD by Showtime around the start of the 2000s. The pilot movie, which set the foundations for the cable series, was released on DVD by Showtime but a few years ago was also released on DVD by Anthem Pictures.

Anthem Pictures had plans to release a 'Season 1' DVD set, but the plans were shelved. Since then nothing has happened. What irks me about this is the following...another anthology series, Bliss, has been released completely on DVD with the episodes separate in season sets. The series lasted three seasons, yet The Red Shoe Diaries which lasted seven seasons hasn't been released in season sets.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There were 66 episodes in total (not including the pilot movie), going by Amazon.com's pages for the seasons of the series. Now the original airdate info there could be correct, but I'm rather suspicious of them. There's none of the 1999 and 2000 dates which were on I think the IMDb. It has the first episode as premiering in late June 1992, with the last episode airing in 1998. This would make sense. However, the original airdates are scattered through 1993 to 1998. Amazon.com list five seasons, but I thought there were seven seasons.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TVShowsOnDVD posted a new news article on their website yesterday about The Red Shoe Diaries. A "Season 1" DVD set is being released after all (in March), but apparently by a different label, Kino Lorber.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
It would be nice if any of the extra footage that was used to extend the episodes which made up the unrated versions of the TV movies is included somehow, either by extended cuts of those episodes or as a package of deleted scenes. I know the episode Double Dare had extra scenes (including nudity) in the TV version, because I saw both the movie and episodic versions of that one.

More likely than not, though, we'll probably only get the broadcast episodes and no extra footage.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Am hoping Kino Lorber port over the extras from the Showtime DVDs of the cable movies (three episodes edited into one cable film), and include the original Showtime airdates. As long as the episodes are presented separate, and if they do get to the fifth season (I actually thought there were seven seasons, the show starting in '92 and finishing in '98 (the year The X Files moved production to Los Angeles/California, and the year the first X Files film was released in cinemas) there may be some episodes which were not released by Showtime on DVD.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TVShowsOnDVD posted a news article on their website yesterday regarding the March release date of the Red Shoe Diaries: Season One DVD set. The release date has been pushed back to Tuesday 17th June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebox
Recent bookmarks