What's new

Red Rose Vs. Korsun u2 (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
More's the pity that the audio magazines that reviewed this product in the states a while back, which if not at the time of their reviews then shortly thereafter, did not provide internal photographs. Thanks for the update.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Wow, I really can't wait to get my Aurum Cantus speakers then. :) Should be in by mid December.
Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 (in the flat finish, glossy also available):

Red Rose Rosebud 2:

I actually picked up the Leisure 2 Deluxe, the MR-C center channel, and the Music Goddess towers. Should be a good upgrade from my current system. :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and before this thread goes too far in indicting the high-end audio industry as a whole, we should all remember that this sort of straight rebadging is not common.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Mike,
We covered this topic before in some detail.
The problem was that pictures do not explain what if any modifications were performed.
In the prior thread, no evidence of parts lists of both speakers were produced or of either amp.
If heavy modifications were performed, which according to Mark Levinson, were, then increased prices are entirely justified.
:)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
How much does those speakers cost?
I believe the MSRP on the Red Rose is $3500 per pair. The street price (remember, these are sold in China) on the Leisure2 is $348 US per pair. The Leisure 2 Deluxe that I actually opted for are a bit different:

As you can see, they have slanted sides (and wood side paneling) to reduce standing waves, an upgraded voice coil and larger speaker magnet. I believe the street price of those is $396 US per pair or so, again in China. Getting them to the US, of course, is the difficulty.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Those are beautiful. And the price is right if you ask me ;) From reading the Red Rose specs the drivers used are not that expensive, so a "fair price" (just speculating here) in the rest of the world would be around $1,000 bucks per pair. For $3,500 one should expect better performance.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
a "fair price" (just speculating here) in the rest of the world would be around $1,000 bucks per pair.
"Fair price"? Nah. Any REAL audiophile would NEVER allow mere money to stand in the way of Audio Nirvana. Anyone who questions whether he's getting something real for his money is just a crass cheapskate. :)

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Robert:
"Anyone who questions whether he's getting something real for his money is just a crass cheapskate."
In that case add me to the cjeapskate list. :D

Mike_Ch

Stunt Coordinator
Sheesh, what an incredible bargain Gabriel! Makes one wonder what other speakers are OEM'd in China. I must remember to stop by China next time I go on a holiday, however, lugging a full set of 5 speakers in a suitcase might not be such a great idea. :D
Cheers,
Mike

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Hehe, yeah. I was surprised at the cost. I ended up getting 2 pairs for the surrounds and rears. I also picked up their top of the line floor standing speaker for my fronts, and their top of the line center for the center channel. :) It'll be mid december before everything is manufactured and shipped over, but I'm pretty excited.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps, if it's not too much trouble, can you share the approach you took to get them to you? Got a final estimated price?
Lee, whatever happened to that looking in you were going to do with your buddy?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks