What's new

Red image rotated on TV (1 Viewer)

Tim_Stonesifer

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony KPR-53EX20 RPTV that's worked fine for me up until recently. The problem is that the red part of the image is rotated and it's very noticable. I adjusted the alignment, but this only shifts the image horizontally or vertically. I heard about the service mode from other posts, but I was unable to access it on my TV. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Any ideas how to fix this?

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
The best way to correct rotation problems is to adjust (rotate the other way) the collar (deflection yoke) on the back of the picture tube.
I don't know about your TV but some TV's have service menu adjustments to adjust rotation but not necessarily separate rotations for red, green, and blue.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Tim_Stonesifer

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, after watching a movie yesterday I'm going to change my diagnosis of the TV. The red image displacement is only in the top right part of the TV (not the bottom) - so the projector's not rotated. When I was watching a movie, the red displacement suddenly disappeared and the picture was perfect. However, when I was watching TV today, the offset red image was back. What could be wrong here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks