What's new

Red horizontal lines across Mitsubishi when it turns on... (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
...we got a 52" Mitsubishi (WD-52528) and sometimes, when you first turn it on, there are about 100 thick red horizontal lines across the screen that stay there for between 15 seconds and a few minuites. It is not the source, but something in the TV.

Any ideas?

Timon Russo

Stunt Coordinator
Kenneth, I don't know what that is specifically - but on my Mits WS65807, I had something similar.

When I first got it, there was a defect in the green crt and I had it replaced. The new one seemed to display faint green circles expanding out from the center, until it warmed up about a minute later.

That problem went away in about a month, and now there are now picture problems 4 years later.

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator

If it's under warranty, get a service call and make sure it's detailed on your complaint. If they can't find it now or fix it now, that'll come in handy later if you have a problem out of warranty.

This could be a problem in the red channel but it really takes a service call to check it out (and they may know about it already).

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks