What's new

Red Heat Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I was on the digital bits browsing the upcoming covers and noticed that there is a special edition coming out for Red Heat. I don't remember hearing about this one. I will pick it up either way for the new transfer alone. Here is the details below and the cover art listed on amazon's site. It will be coming out September 7th which is turning out to be an expensive day.

DVD Features:

Available subtitles: English, Spanish

Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1),

English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)

Remastered print

"East Meets West" featurette

"Bennie Dobbins: A Stunt Man for All Seasons" featurette

"I'm Not Russian, But I Play One on TV: Ed O'Ross

"Making of" TV special

Trailers and TV spots

Widescreen anamorphic format

-Mike

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Why is "Belushi" stuck allllllllllllllllllllllll the way at the bottom? It should be right underneath the title, right? That's where any sane designer would put it.

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
LOL in the original Belushi is holding a coffee cup and now he's holding a gun. Is someone taking a cheap jab at Spielberg?

Haden

Supporting Actor
Hahaha.. that new cover with "Belushi" in small print at the bottom just cracks me up. Man, talk about completely disrespecting the actor.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Was the original non-anamorphic.

I don't remember. Guess I haven't watched it since I went 16:9. Odd, since I like this movie.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Guess it was non-anamorphic.

The SE is available for $10.63 at Deepdiscountdvd.com :emoji_thumbsup:

Excellent! Looks like my dad gets another hand-me-down..if he doesn't have the original already.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I bought it.

The 5.1 mix is not very active. It's mostly front heavy to be honest. There wasn't too much dynamic range there. They didn't remix it I would imagine or didn't do a whole lot to it.

The video is average. No obvious EE. I would say around a 3 out of 5 for video quality. About as good as I could have expected. The early parts are kinda ugly while after that it cleans up a bit.

The extras I have not dug into yet.

Overall an OK release but worth it for the anamorphic transfer and the cheap price tag. I think I paid $13.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I've watched this as well on a large monitor and I agree with Shane's assessment. I never watched the previous version so I can't compare, but I'm sure this one looks better due to the 16:9 enhancement.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
the original release is a flipper dvd (dvd10). on one side is the movie in letterbox and on the other in fulllscreen (open matte).

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
The term "flipper" is only used for movies spread over to sides of a disc, i.e. you have to flip (get it?) the disc halfway through the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks