What's new

Red Eye - Most innovative trailer in recent memory? (1 Viewer)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I agree.. I had no clue what it was.. was thinking, oh great another romantic comedy.. then wizam!

Bobby*K

Grip
I am a huge fan of this trailer. I will admit, I enjoy good romantic comedy movies with good acting. As I started to watch this one I was happy there was going to be a good movie to see with my wife and then it took a complete turn and BAM... I was impressed that after years and years of trailers that none have made me react like this one..

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. It's best to see it unaware, which is why I avoided any mention of a surprise in my initial post. But I guess the cat is out of the bag :).

I can now confess that it scared the BE-JE-SUS outta me, more so than any movie I saw recently. Man I wish I had seen this in the theater, imagine the whole room going dark like that.

I knew that guy looked a little weird for a romantic lead.

--
H

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Wow, that was pretty good.

Not the typical trailer....definitely.

I like the setup and the unexpected delivery.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great trailer. I saw it before my aborted ROTS showing Wednesday night.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

At the risk of sounding like a thread crap (hey, there's a question mark in the subject line!), the trailer looked okay, but I wasn't exactly shocked by the "twist." It just kind of happened, and I didn't know what it was supposed to mean anyway.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
"Meh" to that plot description. I was hoping for something more outworldly. The trailer is probably better than the movie...

So did anyone catch my very very clever reference in the original post? I am so proud of myself.

--
H

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't know, I kind of like the sounds of the plot, because it reminds me of the Johnny Depp movie, "Nick of Time".

But, the trailer doesn't seem to fit the description of the plot. I don't care, because at least it doesn't show the entire movie like the new Jodie Foster airplane movie seems to.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I saw the trailer for Flight Plan the other day and was like WTF?! What's the point of seeing the movie then?!

--
H

Kain_C

Screenwriter
That trailer and plot description do NOT go together at all. After seeing the trailer, I thought he was the Devil or some demon or something about to destroy the Earth, and maybe he was in the plane to get above the destruction.

I guess that's good because the trailer isn't a Cliff's Notes to the movie.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
While I am glad that the trailer - at least the one posted in the first post - doesn't give everything (or nearly anything) away, I do think it's very misleading. I expected something supernatural or more along the lines of a horror film until I read the IMDB spoiler summary.

The premise sounds pretty good, but doesn't match the trailer.

Haven't even heard of Flight Plan - but I hate trailers that give everything away (Ransom, anyone?).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I for one am stoked to see this film! I saw the trailer right before Batman Begins and it blew me away it looked so exciting and suspensful. :emoji_thumbsup:

Rachael McAdams is also really beautiful in this film, I may have to give her other works a shot, she's said to be very good in The Notebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks