Red Dragon pics!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terrell, May 1, 2002.

1. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Well, for the first time in a month, I checked out AICN to see if there was anything newsworthy. I don't normally give their site much credibility, but I thought this was interesting. They had an article on Red Dragon, as well as two interesting pics. I personally don't see the need for a sequel, but here are pics of a younger Lecter, and another anonymous shot.
    [​IMG]
    http://homepage.mac.com/aviarad/.Pic...reddragon1.jpg
    I put a link to the second pic just in case someone didn't want to see it.

2. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Outside of the talkbacks, I really don't know why everyone hates AICN so much....its just a great scoop site...thanks for the post Terrell....Red Dragon is my all time Fave Hannibal book. Gotta love the Tooth Fairy.

3. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Well, let me restate my opinion on AICN. I ddon't put a lot of credibility in Harry Knowle's reviews. I was glad to hear he raved about AOTC. But I'd like to hear more reviews. As a scoop site, you're right. It's a pretty good site.

4. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Did you read the book Terrell? Pretty intense.

5. Terrell

Terrell Producer

No, I read the Silence of the Lambs and that God-awful Hannibal. I loved Lambs, but hated Hannibal. I'll read Red Dragon before the film comes out. I've seen the original Red Dragon, and I liked it a lot.

6. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Ya that sums up my feelings on Hannibal as well....yikes what a travesty.

7. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Yes Hannibal was a bad book - it's almost like Harris said here Hollywood let's see you make a movie out of this!

Red Dragon was pretty good - both the book and the movie.

8. Iain Jackson

Iain Jackson Second Unit

For those who have looked at the second picture and have read the book: It's nice to see that they're keeping that bit in there[​IMG].

9. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

heh heh, yup, you're right Iain. Glad to see that's in there. I loved Red Dragon as a novel, actually more so than Silence of the Lambs.

And yes, by comparison to the first two, Hannibal was pretty bad. I still wouldn't call it an awful novel, but nothing like the first two.

10. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I also liked Red Dragon, the book...and the original film. It'll be interesting seeing if they just create screentime for Lecter...since he really isn't in the book all that much.

11. Iain Jackson

Iain Jackson Second Unit

The film will include scenes depicting Hannibal Lecter's capture by Will Graham, which was only briefly mentioned in the book. So in total Anthony Hopkins will probably now have four or five scenes... not bad work for $15 million...

And yes, Hannibal (the book) was quite bad. I think Harris knew that whatever he wrote was being made into a film so he had a bit of fun at the studio's expense. The film eliminated some of the worse elements but was still very poorly structured and simply replaced one ridiculous ending with another, possibly more ridiculous ending (the alternate ending on the DVD was better!). Plus, Julianne Moore was no Jodie Foster.

12. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

The pic of "young Hannibal" is from the Hannibal DVD. Not exactly a fake but not exactly what it's advertised as being either. Frankly AICN is getting sloppier and sloppier -- not that they were perfect to begin with, but some of this stuff (like the phony "old Ewan McGregor" Episode III makeup test) is so obvious I can't believe anyone would fall for it.

13. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

Red Dragon is my favorite of the Lecter books. I'm not a big fan of Manhunter, it's ok. I think another adaption of the book can be seriously improved. Although I'm not holding up huge hopes for this film. Brett Ratner, director of the Rush Hour films, is at the helm. Doesn't put much faith in me.

14. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

[​IMG]
    (Thanks to Corona Coming Attractions for the poster!)