What's new

Red Dragon Canadian : bilingual packaging? (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I can save a few bucks ording this from Canada but I need to know if the packaging is bilingual or if the content is otherwise different from the US release. Doesn't appear so but always good to check...

Thanks,

-paul

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yup.. .they are bilingual. As you can see from Tom's pics, the covers aren't TOO bad... but the spines are crowded, and the backs are just jam-packed with stuff. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Personally, I'm off to print a custom cover. :D

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info. I'm referring to the pricey Directors Edition. At a $7 price difference I think I can forgive the back cover as long as the discs themselves are not altered. :)

-paul

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I have the CA version - because Overstock sent it to me! (I thought they were US)...

Anyway the packaging isn't horrid, and you aren't missing any pics on the back, it's just a lot more crowded.

One thing though: has someone compared the video bit rate? I wonder because the CA version has two 5.1 tracks (English and French) whereas the US version has 5.1 English but Stereo (or Surround) French. Hopefully they have the same video transfer w/ just a little more bits used for the extra French dialogue track, but one can never tell these days...

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Carlo,

the French track on the Canadian disc is Surround as well. The 5.1 is a misprint on the cover.
Actually, I would have been surprised had there been any differences between the US and Canadian discs content-wise considering they're the same discs! (Take a look at the artwork on Disc 1, the ratings symbol says "R" on it.

Chris

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Christian! We just got done watching it and yes you are correct re: the French track.

BTW, anyone notice how much LOUDER the menu soundtrack is? (in comparison to the rest of the disc: film and extras!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks