What's new

Red Buttons passed Away! (1 Viewer)

Josh.C

Second Unit
Man, this has been a tough week.

The good news is that guys like Red will live on forever amongst us here on earth, through the films they gave us.

If you have never seen Hatari, do yourself a favor and go rent it next time you are at the video store. It would be a nice tribute to Red, and watching him play "Pockets" will make you laugh until your sides hurt. One part in particular, but I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the memories Red.

JC

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
He had a TV variety program....a long time ago, but I still remember him singing:"Ho Ho! He He! Ha Ha! Strange things are happening!"

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I just watched him in The Longest Day not a week ago.....always liked him as an actor.

RIP Mr. Buttons.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
In addition to his movies, I'll always remember him for the Dean Martin Roasts and his appearances on Carson.

"Abe Lincoln, who said 'A house divided is a condominium,' never had a dinner".

"Venus de Milo, whose mother once said, 'I never hear from you. What's the matter? Can't pick up a phone?', never had a dinner."

"Alexander the Great, who said on his wedding night, 'It's only a nickname', never had a dinner."

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Loved him as the White Rabbit in the 1985 miniseries Alice in Wonderland. I look forward to paying tribute to him, and the many others from that film who are no longer with us, when it is released on dvd on August 1st.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks