What's new

Rectify - Season One (Sundance Channel) (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So has anyone watched this? Some of the producers were also involved in Breaking Bad.

I thought there was enough in the pilot to want more. The pacing is slower, so those that were put off by something like 'The Killing' probably won't like it. And I'm not sure what to make of the lead actor just yet.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay...so I guess I'm the only one watching this show. All I can say is WOW. Just watched all 6 season one episodes (renewed for another 10 by the way) and all I have to say is this is one of the most well written shows I've ever seen. Fans of character development shows really owe it to themselves to watch this. I don't think 6 episodes of a show has ever had this effect on me. Ray McKinnon (the creator, was also the reverend in Deadwood) is obviously very influenced by David Milch. WATCH IT NOW!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
TravisR said:
I haven't had a chance to watch this show yet but I keep meaning to.

As an aside, Ray McKinnon was on Sons Of Anarchy a couple seasons ago as an eccentric fed and he was amazing.
TravisR, you really owe it to yourself to watch this show. Based on your posts on this forum I feel like I know what you would like and this is right up your alley. The writing and acting is amazing. I went through all 6 episodes in 2 nights.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I hope they repeat this. Never knew they were doing episodic shows like this, thought it was basically indie and other off the wall movies.

Had the channel for years, probably watched three or four films on it. This looks good, hope I can get it from the beginning.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I just watched the first two episodes, and this is definitely excellent so far.

I think "Those who are put off by the Killing won't like it" is a flawed comparison though. Not to talk too much about that show in this thread, by the time I was halfway through The Killing, I was forcing myself to keep watching... not because it was slow, but because it wasn't very good. Rectify, on the other hand, has been slow, but is superb throughout.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Joe_H said:
I think "Those who are put off by the Killing won't like it" is a flawed comparison though. Not to talk too much about that show in this thread, by the time I was halfway through The Killing, I was forcing myself to keep watching... not because it was slow, but because it wasn't very good. Rectify, on the other hand, has been slow, but is superb throughout.
Fair enough...I'm just glad you like the show. There were people that complained about the slow pacing of 'The Killing' which is why I drew that comparison. Obviously, they are very different shows and you didn't like 'The Killing' for other reasons.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Stan said:
I hope they repeat this. Never knew they were doing episodic shows like this, thought it was basically indie and other off the wall movies.

Had the channel for years, probably watched three or four films on it. This looks good, hope I can get it from the beginning.
Looks like this Sunday they're airing all 6 episodes back to back.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/rectify/schedule

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Finally had a chance to watch the first season. Much better than I expected. Terrific acting and writing, slow paced but it's nice, you get a chance to absorb more of what's happening and people's emotions. Really enjoy the performance of the lead actor, you feel sorry for him, but there's just enough creepiness to make you wonder, did he or didn't he?

Looking forward to another season, sadly won't happen until next year, but should be worth the wait.

Enjoyed the final episode, very well written in that it provided just enough closure but at the same time left things open for a possible season two. Not sure when season two was approved, so the ending may have been re-written a bit, but it was well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks