1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

rectangle speakers for in ceiling?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by JoseLH, Sep 7, 2006.

1. JoseLH

JoseLH Agent

Does anyone use these for in ceiling rather than in wall? I have two going in for the rear surrounds but I'm considering adding six more throughout the house. Is it just a visual thing that makes in ceiling speakers round? any pictures?

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    It is a visual thing to make speakers round--they blend in with can lights better. I know Triad and Speakercraft both make some models with square grills. The downside is they are both what I would consider higher-end models so they cost more (but sound great). To see some pics click on the Updated Theater Pics link in my sig and select Master Bedroom Theater.

3. homthtr

homthtr Supporting Actor

The Biggest thing with trying to install a square speaker into a ceiling is there is no way to level the speakers. What usually happens is one ends up cocked in one direction and one in the other... nevertheless. it's NOT a good rule of thumb to install square speaker in the ceiling. The Only exception which is in the middle of the two... on a Vaulted Ceiling you can go either way depending on the slope of the Vaulted part. Here's a picture of a prewire where we used Rectangle Speakers in the Vaulted(sloped) part of the Wall/ceiling.http://www.gourmetav.com/11000home.html