Rectangle on projector display

LM3

Auditioning
Real Name
Leonard Mahone
I am trying to help our church. Unknown projector. Suddenly started showing a dim rectangle in the bottom right of the projector display. Not on the laptop display.

Attachments

Mike Frezon

Welcome to the HTF, Leonard. :welcome:

I've moved your post into our "Displays" sub-forum to see if we can't get our in-house experts on the job for you.

Is that rectangle you're talking about running along 2/3 of the bottom of the screen (starting under the letter "S" in "Send forth")?

John Dirk

Cinematographer
Premium
Real Name
JOHN
Welcome! I don't believe the projector is the problem. I would take a look behind the screen.

John Dirk

Cinematographer
Premium
Real Name
JOHN
Nothing behind the screen.
Do you have another [preferably smooth, such as drywall] surface you can temporarily aim the projector at just to quickly rule out anything related to positioning? Also, do you know the make and model of the projector?

LM3

Auditioning
Real Name
Leonard Mahone
It is still there with the lights off and we have been doing the exact same stuff for several years and it just appeared this Sunday- so not sure where it could be from.
Do you have another [preferably smooth, such as drywall] surface you can temporarily aim the projector at just to quickly rule out anything related to positioning? Also, do you know the make and model of the projector?

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Something on the projector lens?

Seems like an odd quirk to be in-projector?

John Dirk

Cinematographer
Premium
Real Name
JOHN
I know nothing about projectors...but it weirdly looks like a reflection of some sort.
Yep. I agree.

It is still there with the lights off and we have been doing the exact same stuff for several years and it just appeared this Sunday- so not sure where it could be from.
I'm not sure where you're going with this. Of course it is. :) If you can't re position the projector as previously suggested, maybe try holding a sheet of white paper in front of it as close as needed to produce a full screen image on the paper. There are only three components here, the projector, the screen and whatever is [or isn't] behind the screen. If you still see the unwanted image on the sheet of paper then the problem is inside the projector. If you don't then it has to be one of the other two components.

Well, actually there's one more possibility. You can try disconnecting the laptop. If the projector can project a blank screen free of this anomaly then the problem could be in the presentation software or the laptop.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It looks to me like image burn-in. Was the a specific slide that was shown on the projector for a long period of time?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkoenig4