What's new

Recs for Clamps (1 Viewer)

Mark.Louis

Stunt Coordinator
Am just getting into the Speaker DIY hobby, and for Xmas the wife got me two 36" quick action clamps from Lowes for $28 each. I took them back knowing I could get them cheaper, but am not sure where to go.

My first project will be GR's AV-3s, requiring at least a 48" bar clamp for the sides. I know others have recommended either Harborfreight.com or pennstateindustries.com. They seem to be cheaper there, but will they do the trick? Are there certain features I need to look for/have in these clamps? I've done some wood working in the past, but have used mainly small and C-clamps...no experience with large bar clamps. Any recs on a spec brand would be helpful.

Mark

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
I bought a whole bunch of ebay pretty cheap.

I started a thread a while back on clamps, I got a lot of recommendations. You might want to search to see if you can find the thread.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
ebay, a bunch of people do those dutch auctions and you can score them for about 3 bucks for a clamp 36". but remember they are what you pay for. I get by with mine.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I got in on a Penn Industries clamp sale and got a boatload of clamps for under $50 (of course, by then, I haven't found a project to work on, go figure).

MattD

Stunt Coordinator
HarborFreight - I picked up 2 24 inch bar clamps (@$3.49) 2 30 inch bar clamps (@$3.99) and 4 corner clamps (@1.99). Quality was good enough to get the job done. I glued up my sub this weekend with them and am almost done with the paint job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks