Recs for 32 in. LCD's needed please

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael R., Sep 30, 2005.

1. Michael R.

Michael R. Auditioning

Oct 12, 2003
    I am looking to purchase a 32 inch LCD screen.

Currently I own a 32 inch Mistubishi CRT, but for space reasons, I might like to replace it with a flat panel.

I would like inputs for HT components on the monitor.

In the $1200 - $1500 range, where should I be looking?

Mike R.
  2. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Oct 12, 2001
    In that price range, if you're going to stay at least 32 inch then LCD is going to be your choice since I don't think any Plasmas will be matches. With new 2006 models appearing, I'm sure several of last years sets will drop below 1500 soon.

I like the PQ of the Samsung 328W and Panasonic 32LX50 as well. Costco has the Panasonic TC32LX50 at $1500 as well as the Sharp LCG5C32U. The cheapeast I can find on the Samsung right now is around $1700.

One Call has last years Sony 32M1 on sale for 1400. I think there is also an extra $50 rebate and 18 month free financing though I'm a little unsure on those details, but the shipping is a killer. I thought the PQ of this model looked as good as anything I saw of equivalent size though I didn't really like the silver style (I like the new Bravia black better).

Sony KLV32M1 did a budget LCD mini review of 'smaller' LCD sets. The Syntax didn't rate all that well with them, but the users give it a much higher grade. I think it's one of the sets a lot of people like Bang for the Buck range. The Westinghouse 37 inch gets very mixed reviews -- some people love it and some folks really don't like it. Put me in the latter group.

LCD TV Bargains