What's new

Recreating A Network Schedule On DVD (1 Viewer)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
For a lot of us, our TV watching habits were probably at one time defined by a specific prime-time lineup on a particular network (it probably still is for many too). So I got to wondering how possible is it to recreate a particular network's primetime schedule for a particular year based on what's been released or is about to be released on DVD?

Not an easy task, I admit but I discovered that very soon we will have the entire Friday night NBC lineup for 1984-85 represented on DVD with "V", "Hunter" and "Miami Vice" all of which debuted that year (with "V" just lasting the one year).

Can anyone think of any other set of DVD releases that would fit this example too?

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Off the top of my head, it would be the easy to recreate the WB Tuesday night Lineup from 1999-2001 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
The WB schedules are pretty easy to recreate, yes. Felicity and Dawson's Creek were on Wednesday nights, I think. Now we've got 7th Heaven and Everwood, although not in the same season. And Fox's short-lived Thursday night will soon be recreatable, with Tru Calling and Wonderfalls.

Curiously, UPN's schedules are tough, as little episodic television from that netlet has come out on disc.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Here's one that can be recreated in part. CBS Friday night, 1979-80, with select episodes of "The Incredible Hulk" (Best Of Set), "Dukes Of Hazard" (Season 2 upcoming) and "Dallas" (Season 3 upcoming).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
You could do in part the Fox Sunday Night Lineup for 2000.

Futurama, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, and Malcolm in the Middle.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
If I'm not mistaken I believe at one time ABC Tuesday night consisted of "Happy Days", Laverne And Shirley", "Three's Company" and "Soap". I think that's right.

Randy

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Yes, that was the case in 1977-78, and in 78-79 the ABC Tuesday lineup consisted of three hours of shows that have had some DVD release (though in both instances, not yet to all the episodes for those two repsective series). "Happy Days," "Laverne And Shirley", "Three's Company", "Taxi" and "Starsky And Hutch."

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Wasn't "X-Files" the 9:00 show in FOX's Sunday night lineup in '00? If so, you could have the complete lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks