What's new

RecordNow Max or Nero? (1 Viewer)

Robert Ross

Agent
I'm looking to purchase a new CD/DVD burning software. I know most people praise Nero as the best ever, but has anyone tried RecordNow Max? The main thing I like about it is that it also has a CD Ripper/MP3 Encoder built-in to the software. I was planning on buying a seperate ripper/encoder, but with this I can save money (plus its 10 bucks cheaper than Nero to begin with). Is there still a reason to go with Nero? Does it still have better burning features? I mainly plan on just using it to make MP3 CDs, music CDs, and hard drive backups to DVD-RW.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I was planning on buying a seperate ripper/encoder
You don't need to. The best tools are free. Exact Audio Copy is probably the most accurate ripper you'll find and Lame is the best MP3 encoding engine bar none.

Nero is a very, very good burner but the interface user interface is poor IMO. Works fine and it's not a big issue though.

Heard good things about RecordNow though I've never used it myself.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I was using Nero Express recently, and it had some feature to "normalize" volume between tracks, so that compilation cds can have a consistent volume as between tracks.

I don't know if that is now a common feature, but I sure had wanted it for a long time :)

Robert Ross

Agent
Rob,
I checked out EAC and it looks like a very nice ripper. But I have one problem, it won't detect that I have a CD in the drive. It detects the drive itself but not the CD. This is very frustrating because I want to use this ripper. You have any idea on how to fix this? I went to program's website forum and noticed there were a few other people who made topics about this problem but nobody seemed to know how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks