RecordNow Max or Nero?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Robert Ross, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Robert Ross

Robert Ross Agent

I'm looking to purchase a new CD/DVD burning software. I know most people praise Nero as the best ever, but has anyone tried RecordNow Max? The main thing I like about it is that it also has a CD Ripper/MP3 Encoder built-in to the software. I was planning on buying a seperate ripper/encoder, but with this I can save money (plus its 10 bucks cheaper than Nero to begin with). Is there still a reason to go with Nero? Does it still have better burning features? I mainly plan on just using it to make MP3 CDs, music CDs, and hard drive backups to DVD-RW.

2. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

3. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I was using Nero Express recently, and it had some feature to "normalize" volume between tracks, so that compilation cds can have a consistent volume as between tracks.

I don't know if that is now a common feature, but I sure had wanted it for a long time [​IMG]

4. Robert Ross

Robert Ross Agent

Rob,
    I checked out EAC and it looks like a very nice ripper. But I have one problem, it won't detect that I have a CD in the drive. It detects the drive itself but not the CD. This is very frustrating because I want to use this ripper. You have any idea on how to fix this? I went to program's website forum and noticed there were a few other people who made topics about this problem but nobody seemed to know how to fix it.

5. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

What - you mean you load a disc and it doesn't realise you have? Not seen that myself.

6. Robert Ross

Robert Ross Agent

Yes, thats whats so frustrating. Nobody seems to know how to fix it.