recording programs??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ChrisLazarko, Jan 14, 2004.

1. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Don't know where to post this... have a sound recorder but want to add some bass and such to the material. How would I do this, what programs could I use ( would want something not have to pay for, doesn't have to be the best).

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

2. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    go to www.versiontracker.com and browse thru their offerings. They have descriptions of each of the programs. It should say if it will do what you want........... Good luck!

3. ChrisLazarko

Hmm I can't seem to find anything that would add certain tones or anything. Basically all I want to be able to to do it add some bass to an already existing file. I don't know how complicated that might be, i'm assuming now very easy, but do you know of any program that I could use???

Anyone have any idea? I can't seem to find anything that will add certain tones or anything.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Find any program with an eq.

Note however that you can't "add" what's not there.

-Vince

5. ChrisLazarko

Looked, can't find one..... Anyone have any idea's??? Either i'm not lookin' in the right place or they just don't exist?

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

to be honest i have no idea what is out there and free, I know Cool Edit used to have an crippled freeware/shareware trial version that did EQ. You could also use Winamp and see if they have any plugins that let you "write" their audio data post EQ (the player has an EQ, you just ahve to fnd a plugin to create a new file with EQ, and I'm sure there is one, as there is a plugin to do anything).

If you have a sepcific file and a broadband connection, drop me an email or IM, i might be able to just take the file and do what you need done.

-vince