Recording cable on the VCR--revisited

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Bob Elliott, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Bob Elliott

Bob Elliott Agent

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but....

I checked the back of the TV. There is no video output, just a right and left audio.

How can I record the higher cable channels on the VCR with this television? The VCR tuner goes up to 125 but for channels higher than that I don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks.

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Feed the outputs from the cable box tuner to the VCR not from the TV.

3. Bob Elliott

Bob Elliott Agent

The problem is that the VCR tuner doesn't have channels that go high enough. For instance how do I record channel 270?

4. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Supporting Actor

I'm assuming you have a cable box that tunes ALL your channels, including the higher ones.

Treat your VCR like a TV; ie, if you leave your TV on channel 3 and change channels with your cable box - do the same with your VCR. Set it to channel 3 and set your channel to 270 on the cable box, begin recording.

5. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Channels above 100 are only tunable by the digital cable box. Regular TVs and VCRs only have analog tuners with channels from 2-99. You need to record from the output from the digital cable box, for best quality connect the yellow composite video and red/white stereo audio outputs to the corresponding inputs on the VCR. You record on the VCR selecting external input. Unfortunately for timer recording you have to manually select the channels from the cable box, your VCR can't do that unless it has the ability to control the cable box that some highend models can do.