Recording audio CDs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Stelios, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Stelios

Stelios Stunt Coordinator

Hi
    I have the SONY STR-790DB (STR-DA1000ES) receiver and I do not know how to copy a CD on my cassette recorder. The DVD player audio OUT is connected to the receivers DVD audio IN. The cassette player audio OUT is connected the receiver MD/TAPE IN and the cassette players IN to the receivers MD/TAPE OUT connection. I use my DVD player to listen audio CDs but I cannot record the music on my cassette. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Stelios

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Are you using a digital connection, either optical or coaxial from the DVD player to the receiver? If I do that on my Kenwood I have to go into the options and do something special to output the signal in analog form.

3. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Make both analog and digital connections select source (cdp,dvdp) then the record button on your cassette player.I'm not familiar with your receiver and as already stated, it may be possible with a digital conn only. If you make both connections life is going to be much easier. Also note that recordings can be made from musical dvd's but you must first select the two channel option in the disk menu. Also note that recordings can not be made using a multi-channel sources.

4. John S

John S Producer

This is one function that is much easier with a CD player over using a DVD player as one. It would be way easiest to use the analog audio connection to achieve this.

5. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    you can probably use 2 "Y" adapters. Use one on the dvd's audio output left, to receiver's dvd audio input left and cassette's audio input left. Use the other for dvd's audio output right, to receiver's dvd audio input right and cassette's audio input right. I used my old sat receiver's only output like that for years. One to receiver and one to vcr(same thing). Good luck!