What's new

Record your music onto "LP-R's" (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Have to share with everyone what I noticed in a Japanese audio magazine (Audio Accessories?). It was an ad for Mitsubishi Chemical's blank CD-R's. Nothing special, except they look like mini vinyl records. Check it out. I wonder if these are available here in the US....

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
So cool! I want to order 100 of those today. Where can I buy them????

NP: U2: "The Unforgettable Fire"

-Philip Hamm

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Philip,

I wish I know. If I find it somewhere for sale on the 'net, I will post a link.

I have a bunch of Hong Kong pop CDs re-issued by Universal Music on CDs resembling the above Mitsubishi blank CD-Rs. Of course, those actually contain the image of the center labels on the real vinyl records. But I agree, those Mitsu CD-Rs are sooooo cool!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Philip,
Here you go, US$19.00 for a 10 pack....not too bad.
Edited in after going thru the site....Yikes! US$10.00 shipping at the minimum! On the other hand, that transparent Pioneer turntable is quite cool.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
The price is kinda ridiculous, especially when you factor in shipping. But think of the "cool" factor of whipping out your digital "LP".

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
There actually WERE a few machines that recorded vinyl records way back when- they had 2 tone arms, one for recording and 1 for playback.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Jesse,

I actually saw one of the "current" LP recorders in one of the high-tech magazines, like Wired, this year. It was like $25,000.00 or something like that. Still, wouldn't be as convenient as CD and can't be played in a portable or in the car.

Which reminded me.....going off in a tangent now.....I see that Motorola is set to release a home theater receiver with build-in DVD player and all sorts of internet connections. I have read some people questioning Motorola building receivers and DVD players (they probably sourced the upcoming receiver/DVD player from an OEM manufacturer). But the name Motorola refers back to the time when the company build Victrola machinces for the car....hence the name Motorola.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Those are sweet looking! Does it actually record where the "label" is? If so, that's a great dye job!

NP: Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Adam,

It most likely records on the ordinary silver reflective side, on the other side of the "label".

Mark,

I totally agree with you. Quick! Someone should come out with 3 1/2" CD-R equivalent of the vinyl 45.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Very cool. If only they sounded like vinyl! :)
Danny, I too saw the LP recorder in a magazine last year. It looked very cool, but I couldn't see using it.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Micahel said:
Where's my credit card?
Yeah, I've been looking for it too. If I find it, I'll let you know, after I use it. :D
These CD-Rs are cool, but the price is ridiculous, especially when you consider the $10 shipping charge. I'd hate to make a coaster with one of them. :angry:
NP: Ken Burns Jazz Miles Davis CD

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Now you can buy these at your local Target store.....I saw these CD-Rs under the Verbatim brand at $8.99 for a 10 pak. On the back of the packaging, Verbatim is mentioned as a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Corp. So now the cost of recording your own "records" has come down considerably.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, they've been avainlabe here for awhile now at futuershop...

They're in an orange box, they look cool... i think $9.99 for pack of 10 (CANADAIAN DOLLARS)

Users who are viewing this thread