What's new

Record Store Day is TODAY, April 16, 2011! (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Kinda surprised no one had posted anything about this yet! Heading out soon to try and track down the exclusive releases by Queen, Duran Duran and Adele...and anything else of interest I may run across! SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC STORES!!!!

RECORD STORE DAY - Home

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Thank you for the reminder. I want to drop by the one local store here later, to browse and to support the cause.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The Exclusive Company here in Milwaukee/Madison is trying to set a record for the most live in-store performances in one day!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Didn't spend anything, but I rarely do on vinyl these days. I'm more into downsizing the incredible accumulation of it I indulged in for a number of years. I do enjoy scoring the occasional treasure, but mostly today I wanted to say hi and reconnect with the local store, and savor the browsing which was totally enjoyable. It was a perfect day for this, too -- overcast, rainy and chilly. The store was as crowded as I would like it to be every day...but for all I know, it is. Gotta hang out there more often.

Actually, aside from just not needing too much more vinyl than I've got, I realized that it's the LD/DVD/BD collecting that supplanted the record collecting.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chas in CT

Didn't spend anything, but I rarely do on vinyl these days. I'm more into downsizing the incredible accumulation of it I indulged in for a number of years. I do enjoy scoring the occasional treasure, but mostly today I wanted to say hi and reconnect with the local store, and savor the browsing which was totally enjoyable. It was a perfect day for this, too -- overcast, rainy and chilly. The store was as crowded as I would like it to be every day...but for all I know, it is. Gotta hang out there more often.

Actually, aside from just not needing too much more vinyl than I've got, I realized that it's the LD/DVD/BD collecting that supplanted the record collecting.

LOL...I could have written that post! I talked to a guy there that said he thinks that at his age he needs to stop buying music, because if he just listened to what he already owned he'd probably die first!

Not only did I score all three RSD exclusive releases I wanted, I also picked up a couple used CDs, a colored vinyl Ting Tings single and got four sampler CDs with my purchase!

The Exclusive Company in suburban Greenfield WI (near Milwaukee) was PACKED!

And the release that REALLY got me out: the 40th anniversary re-release of Queen's "Keep Yourself Alive" single!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I was happy to see how many younger people were at the record store today and at 46, I was amongst the oldest in the store. I had a really fun conversation with a pair of young women in their early 20's who said they had just discovered the Rolling Stones. Of course they had heard of them, and all the hits, but they went to the store to load up on the Stones and make their first ever purchase of a complete Stones album. Neither had ever bought a complete Stones album in any format. One of the things they said was that they're starting to realize how much good music they've missed out on by buying mostly single songs, so we had a great conversation about the Stones and they walked out with a stack of vinyl. Great fun.

Hicks

Agent
Real Name
Jason
I'm ISO the Phish Two Soundchecks 7" if anyone grabbed an extra copy, thanks!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Have you asked about re-orders? My local shop Listen Records got in some more of the Tron picture discs so I was able to grab one.You never know. :)

Hicks

Agent
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Russell G

Have you asked about re-orders? My local shop Listen Records got in some more of the Tron picture discs so I was able to grab one.You never know. :)

I suppose it's worth a shot, but I have a feeling that they are all gone, since they were only 2000 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks