record a tv program with a satellite receiver

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Antonio_B, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Antonio_B

Antonio_B Stunt Coordinator

Here's the thing i'm trying to record a TV program from my satelite receiver.
    I would like to record it on a videocassette(vhs) but looks like nothing is hapening.

Thanks in advance!

2. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

Is there a tape in the VCR?
    Is the VCR on?

I'm trying to be a bit funny, but maybe you could post the things you've already tried and ruled out?

If you know you are connected correctly (line out of sat box into vcr), then the next thing I would check would be to see if the vcr is tuned to "Line 1 in" or Line 2, or wherever your sat box line comes in. Or maybe even channel 3 or 4.

3. Antonio_B

Antonio_B Stunt Coordinator

Charlie,

1.Yes there is a tape in the VCR
    2.Yes the VCR is "ON"
    3.Now i noticed that there isn't any connection between the VCR and the Sat box

Now i don't know how to connect the VCR to the sat box so that if i record there's a link between them.

What i have here is cable from the wall going directly to the Sat Box,then out of the Sat Box directly to my RPTV.

Thanks in advance!

4. Jonny_L

Jonny_L Stunt Coordinator

There's no trick to it. If you're lucky you have dual outputs on your satellite receiver. If not, thats ok too. Take your standard composite RCA cables with stereo audio and hook one end into the output of your receiver. Hook the other into the input of your VCR.

Now take another set of RCA cables, and hook it into the output of your vcr and into an input of your tv.

Turn your tv on and then to the input your vcr is hooked into

Put the receiver to the channel you want to record.

Turn on the VCR and select the input that the receiver is hooked into, the image from your receiver will appear.

Hit record.

Unfortunately you wont be able to change channels.

and thats it. Hope this helped.