What's new

Reconing (1 Viewer)

Dustin Owens

Agent
I have a couple speakers that needs to be reconed I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion where to buy parts it doesnt have to be great stuff but atleast ok. And can a crack in a cone just be patched? Sorry if these are dumb questions I'm a newbie.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you’re talking about the foam surround, you can get DIY kits for speakers 8” and larger from Parts Express. They will work for the majority of speakers, but there are always those out there with exotic or proprietary surrounds. For those, your best bet is to contact the manufacturer’s Parts Dept.

If the cones need replacing, that is a job for the factory.

As far as a repair, it depends on what you mean by “cracked.” If you mean a crease in the foam surround that goes all the way around, that means the surround is on the verge of failure; nothing you can do but wait until it fully “gives up” and fix it.

Small damage to the cone isn’t a big deal. I’ve seen people dab a little silicone on it to seal the hole. You might try doing that from the back side for appearances sake.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks