What's new

Recommended space between first and second rows (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
What is the generally recommended open space between the first and second rows of seats, specifically that between the end of the rear seat's reclined foot rest and the back of the chair in front? I figure an allowance of and extra foot should be adequate to allow for comfort and passage room while not taking away too much overall space.

Troy Swope

Stunt Coordinator
Jay:

A week or so back, there were some platform questions being tossed around, and one person mentioned using 5 foot platforms. Dont know if this helps you or not, but that is what my plan calls for using two rows of seating. One on a riser...

Glenise

Supporting Actor
What I did was have the installer place chairs on separate rows and I walked between them.
I didn't walk between them sideways but frontways.
Also kept in mind about people who are kinda chunky.

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Jay,

I like to build risers with 5-6 feet of depth. I prefer about 18" space for walking. It's nice and comfortable. Remember to use the proper height for your riser. There is nothing worse than building a riser, installing the equipment and STILL staring at the back of a head instead of the screen. Regards.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Jay, I built my riser 8" high. That allowed plenty of height so a head in the front row would'nt block your view. The riser itself is 5' deep,that way I had some room to move the chair back to allow for plenty of leg room. There is about 2' 8" between the back of the front row and the seat of the 2nd row.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
My riser is 9ft deep which allows room to walk behind the rear couch and room for an ottoman in front with also about 6in to walk between the couch and ottoman. I will try to remember to measure it all tomorrow for you. I can comfortably kick back on the couch and have my legs stretched out strait and just touch the front couch. I'm 6ft2in.

Wes

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I see a range of 6-18" separation between the back of the front seat and the front of the (extended when reclined) back seat. I'll run with 12" average and plan from there. Understood re: riser height to accommodate sight lines. In the process of drawing everything out to scale to figure that out (among other things).

Thanks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks