What's new

Recommended projectors (1 Viewer)

CurtJ

Stunt Coordinator
for a dedicated home theater room/sports room. I will be watching a ton of football and would like to spend around 2-5K. Are there any that you would recommend?

Oren Paul

Stunt Coordinator
I use a Panny L-500 in a room with good light control 12' X 35' x 9' on a 92" standard white screen in low lamp mode. The current Panasonic is two generations advanced over what I have and is in your price range. I have had my unit in use since July of '04 and it has exceeded all expectations. FOOTBALL IN HD IS AWESOME, especially the stations that broadcast in 720P; and yes I can tell the difference between 720P and 1080i.

I spent around 2500 including ceiling mount, cables, and an extra lamp (which I have not yet needed because I run in low lamp mode).

Hope this helps

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
You have a lot of choices. Do you want a HD projector? Do you want a DLP or LCD projector? Do you want a native 4:3 or 16:9 projector?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Two extremely good values in 720p projectors:

Panisonic PT-AE900

and

Sanyo PLV-Z4

Choosing between them is personal preference, but those two seem to be the golden boys of value right now. Expect to pay around 2000-2500 for either one shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks