recommended HIREZ discs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by peter m. wilson, Jul 29, 2003.

1. peter m. wilson

peter m. wilson Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Hopefully I'm correct with regard to the publication, but even if I'm not I noticed in this or other mags recently recommended DTS discs which included Gaucho, Love Scenes and a couple of others.

I'm curious as to why these discs would NOW be on the recommended list when I've owned and been listening to them since 2000.

Is it an attempt to reintroduce them or you've just noticied them?

Peter m.

2. Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez Screenwriter

Peter -

I don't mean to speak for Clint, but I believe the "Best of" list we're doing for multi-channel music is a first for the mag; therefore, all titles should be considered.

Same thing goes for reviews - I try to mix it up, but I'm not going to rule out an older title if it's unique or of interest and hasn't been covered in the mag before.

Cheers,

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Peter, it's meant as a best-discs-of-all-time list, as Felix indicates.

4. peter m. wilson

peter m. wilson Stunt Coordinator

Gentlemen,
    Please forgive the seemingly sarcastic tone of my thread. It is born of frustation.

I have been a fan of "well mixed HIREZ music" since I purchased a reciever with DTS decoding ability and my first dvd player early in 2000. Towards the end of that year I accelerated my interest with an investment in a complete HT ensemble including a HD capable display.

I was actually almost discouraged by the equipment salesman who suggested that DTS was a fad.
    The dts discs mentioned in the magazine were with HOLST "The Planets" the exact and only ones that i could find at that time, and quite expensive.

My inventory of the combination of DTS,dvd-a,sacd,hdcd, and several live 5.1 performances on dvd is now over 140.

I never seem to get used to seeing peoples eyes glaze over as I speak with enthusiasm about this new sound.

Anyway, keep those recommondations coming, hopefully in growing numbers we are paying attention.

Peter m.