What's new

Recommended headphones that are good to listen with Blu-ray and DVDs??? (1 Viewer)

Bleach

Agent
Real Name
Michael M
hi,

i wanted to know if someone can recommend a good pair of headphones that work good with surround sound on Blu-rays and DVDs. Particularly Blu-ray. I'd prefer wireless but one with wires is cool too. I'm willing to spend up to a few hundred dollars max. definitely under $500. Cause i know the real good high end (Which is what i want) can cost around that. See the problem is I need to get a pair of headphones cause I am moving into a apartment sometime before the end of the year. Obviously I won't be able to use my surround sound as much or at the volume i like it at so i decided to invest in good headphones. Can anyone recommend a good brand and/or model that is good for that kind of situation? thanks in advance.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
First you should decide if you want "open" or "closed" headphones. I prefer open, but it's personal preference. And if you want to use more than 1 headphone at the same time, you'll need a headphone amp. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a headphone amp until I started reading at this GREAT website: HEAD-FI.ORG. There's more info there than you will ever need.

dfeller

Auditioning
Real Name
David Feller
The Bose noise cancelling product lines are all impressive. I typically use them for airplances/travelling, but apartment living can be noisy in its own category. They have both types - and they bring a lot of sound quality even around children.

deacongreg

Auditioning
Real Name
GREGORY THORNE
I`m an avid headphone listener, since I was about 17 in my deejay years. Long before the Headphone boom we have now. Under five hundred, I would recommend the Sennheiser HD600s, which were their flagship and the darlings of the industry, until the HD650s appeared. You can get them for about $299.95 discounted thru Headroom, of J&R Music World. Or, the AKG K701s and the Beyerdynamics Dt880s. These are both great cans, slightly different characteristics and sound, so listen before if you can. Pricing around $350.00 discounted for both.
Actually, NSL (Northren Sound and Light) has the AKG K 701s, brand new, at an overstock price of $248.97 You can not do better than that.................

Hope that helps!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks