Recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan_Ho, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Dan_Ho

Dan_Ho Auditioning

Hello all,
    I was looking for a TV in another forum, and people told this is the place to ask question for TV's.. so here i am [​IMG]
    My old toshiba probably from the 70's or early 80's is going bad (it starts making loud annoying sounds, when there is a lot of white on the screen.) So my question is what kind of Tv do you guys recommend ?
    I don't need anything fancy. This is just for my bedroom. Im a broke college student, so my budget is around $300ish. I will spend more if theres some really nice feature thats a must have... but 400 is tops, but i'd still like to spend about 300.
    One thing that it must have is an S-Video output. I want to hook my tv up to my computer.
    I was looking at Toshiba at Fry's Electronics.. forgot the model name (ACxx?), but it was a 27" set, and had s-video and its price was 300. Is this a good deal ?
    thx in advance
    -dan

2. Dan_Ho

Dan_Ho Auditioning

I was just going over some of your guy's old posts.. and i think i've narrowed my choices.
    What would you guys go with ?
    A 27" regular set
    -Toshiba 27A41 http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=24&scat=27
    Or with a 20" flat screen TV.
    -Samsung TSL2091F http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=24&scat=28
    Again this is for my small bedroom. I mostly just watch some latenight TV when going to bed. I also want to hook it up to my computer and sometimes play DVD's, sometimes play games and such. (Thats why i wanted the S-Video)
    thanks

3. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

The first thing you need to do is look at the sets (or similar sets) and decide if a flat screen is important enough to you to justify the extra cost/smaller screen. I don't think flat screens are usually worth the money, personally, so for a similar price, an extra 7 inches is quite a bit of real estate.

4. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

The 27 inch flat tube Samsung can be had for around $450 & at Sams's club they have it under the AKAI name for around $380 These sets have been getting good reviews & do the "SQUEEZE TRICK" for dvd's using the remote control. Try doing a search on them for more information.