What's new

Recommendations ? (1 Viewer)

Dan_Ho

Auditioning
Hello all,
I was looking for a TV in another forum, and people told this is the place to ask question for TV's.. so here i am :)
My old toshiba probably from the 70's or early 80's is going bad (it starts making loud annoying sounds, when there is a lot of white on the screen.) So my question is what kind of Tv do you guys recommend ?
I don't need anything fancy. This is just for my bedroom. Im a broke college student, so my budget is around $300ish. I will spend more if theres some really nice feature thats a must have... but 400 is tops, but i'd still like to spend about 300.
One thing that it must have is an S-Video output. I want to hook my tv up to my computer.
I was looking at Toshiba at Fry's Electronics.. forgot the model name (ACxx?), but it was a 27" set, and had s-video and its price was 300. Is this a good deal ?
thx in advance
-dan

Dan_Ho

Auditioning
I was just going over some of your guy's old posts.. and i think i've narrowed my choices.
What would you guys go with ?
A 27" regular set
-Toshiba 27A41 http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=24&scat=27
Or with a 20" flat screen TV.
-Samsung TSL2091F http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...cat=24&scat=28
Again this is for my small bedroom. I mostly just watch some latenight TV when going to bed. I also want to hook it up to my computer and sometimes play DVD's, sometimes play games and such. (Thats why i wanted the S-Video)
thanks

Brad_V

Second Unit
The first thing you need to do is look at the sets (or similar sets) and decide if a flat screen is important enough to you to justify the extra cost/smaller screen. I don't think flat screens are usually worth the money, personally, so for a similar price, an extra 7 inches is quite a bit of real estate.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
The 27 inch flat tube Samsung can be had for around $450 & at Sams's club they have it under the AKAI name for around $380 These sets have been getting good reviews & do the "SQUEEZE TRICK" for dvd's using the remote control. Try doing a search on them for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks