What's new

Recommendations (1 Viewer)

clvick3

Auditioning
Real Name
Clyde
I am looking for some recommendations of systems to buy. My current setup is as follows:
Samsung 46" 750 LCD TV
Panasonic DMP BD50 Blu-Ray Player
Wii

I am looking for a pretty nice system to compliment what I have. I am the type of person who likes to have the nicest things, but I also realize I am no millionaire. I don't know if I should go with a 5.1 or 7.1. I am also looking for some help on what brand system. If Best Buy or some other well known store has the best system that is fine, but I also don't mind buying online. I would also like to know if it would be beneficial to mix and match different pieces to make a great system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you need to ask any questions that is fine too.
Thanks for the help

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
You're looking for receiver recommendations?
Speaker recommendations?
Sub recommendations?

Do you have price ranges for each?

What is your current room configuration? Do you have the layout for 5.1/7.1?

Since you have a 46" TV, I'm assuming you're sitting 7' or closer to the display?

clvick3

Auditioning
Real Name
Clyde
I am looking for recommendations for everything. Receiver, speakers and sub. I don't currently have the room for the system, as I am in a dorm room, but I am looking to get a house. It will probably be placed within 7' for viewing pleasure.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
Nobody can give you recommendations unless you specify a budget (preferably for each component).

Until you find out exactly where you'll be living, there's no way to know if you should go with 5.1 or 7.1. IMO, 7.1 is much better, but it cannot always be accommodated by the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebox
Recent bookmarks