Recommendations on Boston hotels please

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Matty P, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Matty P

Matty P Stunt Coordinator

My wife and I are planning our anniversary weekend down in Boston this Labor Day and she would love to stay at a place with a nice waterfront view...would appreciate any thoughts/advice from members who have stayed in Boston hotels...thanks in advance!

-Matt

2. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

The Marriott Long Wharf is very nice, albiet a bit pricey, but what in Boston isn't... it's located very close to the North End, a block or so from the aquarium, and it literally right on the ocean.

South Boston has a ton of new hotels which have just recently opened, built right around the yet-to-be completed convention center. They're right down the street from my apartment and are probably much more affordable than the Marriott. They are brand new, within 1 block of the ocean. I'm sure a google search for "South Boston Convention Center" will yield good results. One word of caution - there is a ton of construction going on in the area right now... there is a ton of traffic as well, as there is now an exit from the Mass Pike right in that area.

If you decide that the waterfront area isn't important, you might want to check out the Omni Parker or the Copley Westin - both are very nice.