What's new

Recommendations for Wall Speaker Mounts? (1 Viewer)

Hello all,

I am just about to move into a new house and I'm going to be mounting the rear surround speakers on the wall. My rears are the ones that are part of the Fluance SX-HTB package. According to Fluance.com they are 5.1 lbs each, and they have a built-in receptacle on the back to be mounted (so no need to screw anything into the back of the speakers).

I'm looking for recommendations on cost-effective, yet stylish and functional speaker wall-mounts.

I've see ones for at low as $15 and as much as $60 and $75. I think $60 per mount is a bit excessive, but that's why I'm asking. Is there really a reason to pay so much more?

Any comments are appreciated.

Mike W.

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Just me again.

I was in the same situation with my soon to me mounted AR HC6 rears. I went with the AB-2's from Omnimount. They hold up to 8lbs each, have a nice extension for ceiling mounts, leave enough space to fuss with the wiring (which I found out is not always the case), and most of all, dont look hideous. Also, they have a very small mounting plate which means a very small footprint on the wall. Another nice feature.

I almost bought some B-Techs but decided that I couldn't stand the way they look and they were way too big for my tastes.

Thanks for the feedback. I love to save money :D

Funny, I try not to get "cheap" stuff while trying to save money (evidence the Fluance SX-HTB and Dayton 10" sub), so I was hesitant to go with the $15-20 mounts first thing wondering if they had a hidden downside.

I'm going to order some AB-2's tonight.

Quick question: It's hard to tell from the pictures, but how does this connect to the actual speaker? The Fluance rears have a small bracket on the back that will accept (what appears to be) a small-mid size bolt-head to support it.

Thanks!
Mike W.

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
The Fluance speakers have two ways to mount them, either with a single bolt on the back or from a pair of pre-threaded machine screw holes on the bottom.

If you haven't ordered those mounts yet take a look at the Barkan speaker mounts at mountusa.com. They are *cool* looking, support up to 11 lbs, and cost < $20.

Donald

AlexanderS

Second Unit
Im not sure how the Fluances would mount but the bracket works with 3 different screw sizes I believe. If you find out what size your speaker accepts I can check the instructions to see if it works. Mine used 1/4 - 20 Thread machine screws and had a single hole on the back.

Don - Tried checking out that site but I can't find it. I tried with and without the www

Well, I didn't order the AB-2's last night as I found I could get them as cheap at Radio Shack ($21.50 after tax, where online they were cheaper but shipping would bring it up to that amount anyway).

I did a Google search on Barkan speaker mounts and found mountsusa.com (there's an "s" on mount). Which model of mount are you referring to? It looks like the Barkan #51's attach to the back (can't tell how by the pictures).

Are you currently using these mounts with the Fluance rears?

Mike W.

Well, after looking around I think I want to get the B-Tech BT-33s. I can get them from Crutchfield online for $36 shipped for the pair. Here's what Crutchfield listed for "compatibility" along with Single- and Dual-threaded inserts:

(see crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-jvrlP777for/ProdView.asp?a=&s=0&cc=01&g=15830&id=detailed_info&i=121BT33B )

Keyhole Slot: If the speaker has a keyhole slot, you must first loosely attach the M5 x 12mm nut to the M5 x 12mm screw through the bracket. The head of the screw is then inserted into the keyhole slot and tightened to hold the speaker firmly.
On the back of the Fluance rears is a small metal bracket that sticks out about 1/2" or so. This bracket has a hole in it that looks kind of like a keyhole. So I'm thinking these BT-33s will work fine.

Any comments as to whether or not these will work?

Mike W.

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
You couldn't find it because I'm an idiot and didn't give you the right link. It's mounts with an 's' as in:
www.mountsusa.com

Just for fun take a look.

Take care,

Donald

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks