Recommendations for the best online R2-Japan DVD store?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad B., Apr 2, 2001.

1. Chad B.

Chad B. Second Unit

Trying to find Stargate 16X9 DTS, Who Am I? 16X9 DTS, and Mimic 16X9 among many others. I hear Sazuma has very poor service and CDJapan doesn't have these titles.
    Any recommendations?
    ------------------
    CDs : DVDs : VGs

2. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

Chad, CD JAPAN can get any Japanese DVD that is in print. You just need the catalogue number. Those can be had from www.asiandvdguide.com.
    www.cdjapan.co.jp/specialorder.html is the special order page. You need a membership/account to use it (no cost to get one). You can find out the cost through the SPECIAL REQUEST FORM or just order it with the SPECIAL ORDER FORM.
    The DTS "WHO AM I?" will run you about $35 more than the DD5.1 only edition, which has the same exact 16x9 transfer and also the same 5.1 mix that is also on the DTS disc. There is almost no difference between the two mixes. Basically, they both pounce the Hong Kong disc's 5.1 mix (all 3 mixes are sparce with surround useage compared to U.S. films).
    Save yourself the $35 and get the DD5.1 edition. I have it, love it, and do not regret saving myself the $35. The catalogue number is: PIBF-1220
    The back cover: www.asiandvdguide.com/images6/pibf-1220b.jpg
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

3. Chad B.

Chad B. Second Unit

Thanks Matt! [​IMG]

4. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

You betcha. Let us know what you do and what you think of the DVD.

5. Thane

Thane Stunt Coordinator

Anyone having any luck getting the catalogue number for Stargate DTS at the recommended site? I typed in Stargate & the answer was that it was not found in their database...does one need to know the Japanese word/spelling for it?
    ------------------
    MY DVD LIBRARY

6. David Sams

David Sams Auditioning

Thane
    CDJapan do have the double pack of DTS Stargate & DTS Universal Soldier if that's any use to you? I don't think the cost is that much more than the Stargate disc on it's own.
    David