What's new

Recommendations for phone service (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I'm looking to save money on my local/long distance phone bill(especially local). I've been reading about the internet phone services for unlimited local/long distance. I checked Sunrocket but it says it's not available in my area. Can anyone recommend a company that you have? Did you have to change your phone number? How does it work for someone with 4 phones? Thanks.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I've found that if one of the services is not available in your area, it is unlikely that any of them are (none are available in my area).

However, if you're willing to not have a local number, you can get the service and have a number in a different area code. The phone will still work the same, but if your neighbors want to call you they'll have to use long distance.

A Vonage salesperson suggested this to me and their website confirmed that you can do it. They will even give you a free new number when they begin offering service in your area.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Jim,
I posted to your other thread on HTT but I would see if Time Warner offers you a bundle deal and that might swing you towards that. Cox did it for me and the savings was killer. You don't have to change your # and it works well with multiple phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks