What's new

Recommendations for HT multi-channel for 3-4zones? (1 Viewer)

Please recommend a multi-zone receiver for the following rooms:Downstairs:-6.1(no center speaker) for HT in living room-2 speakers in kitchen (audio only)Upstairs:-2 speakers in master bedroom (audio only)-1 speaker in master bathroom (audio only) -2 speakers in study room (audio only)I was thinking about getting one receiver for the HT, one for the bedroom, and another for the study room. But using the search on this forum, I just learned about the multi-zones. I'm just confused as to how one would use the remote to control the receiver if I were upstairs and the receiver were to be downstairs...

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Originally Posted by FB User (Private)

I'm just confused as to how one would use the remote to control the receiver if I were upstairs and the receiver were to be downstairs...
With a local infra-red receiver, hardwired to the main receiver downstairs. Your original idea of using a separate HT receiver in each location makes the most sense. “Multiroom” is pretty involved and complicated, starting with the fact that you install local input selectors, volume controllers etc., and run cabling from here to there all over the place for all that, plus for the speakers. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks