Recommendations for Fox War/MGM Westerns streeting 5/20?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul_Scott, May 20, 2003.

1. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

went in to pick up Millers Crossing today and realized there was a slew of catalog war and westerns streeting today.
    some that i noticed and have some interest in are
    The Indian Fighter
    Unforgiven
    Sink The Bismark
    Zulu
    Duel At Diablo

actually i'm interested in just about all of them.
    the only one i'm really familiar with is Heaven Knows Mr Allison, which would have been any otherwise easy purchase, but talk of a disappointing transfer leaves me unsure whether i should pick it up.

can anybody recommend some other titles to try out...especially if you've actually seen the disc and the quality is very good.
    or if you want to steer me away from any i've already mentioned

thanks

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Paul,
    I have all the titles you have listed. "Zulu" has a very good transfer along with "The Unforgiven". The other titles I'll have to sample before I'll give you an opinion about them. Also, "Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison" is not a great transfer by any means, but nor is it a terrible one. You can purchase those titles for $9.99 at BB which is a good bargain price for them.

Crawdaddy

3. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Lead Actor

Thanks Robert.
    i'll be interested to hear what you see.

also, if you want to throw out any value judgements as to the films themselves, feel free.
    i'm just going by jacket descriptions at this point, and i can't put to much stock in them.