Recommendations for cable organizers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marshall Sander, May 1, 2002.

1. Marshall Sander

Marshall Sander Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking for cable organizers for my HT system -- something like a tube to put my different wires into in order to prevent kinking, tangling, etc.

2. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

Check parts express.com. They'll lead you my son. Ask for the catalog, and shop early and often. Now what did I need again?

They have a stretchable cable covering which (sorry, I don't have the part number, but I don't work there either) so good luck. You might try the velcro cable binders too, because they are easily re-configurable, and do the job fine. Good luck.

3. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

partsexpress.com's "snakeskin" product is model number 080-590 (1/2 inch) or 080-595 (1 inch).

Also check out split loom tubing, available lots of places (including partsexpress.com). I got mine at Radio Shack and it is much cheaper.

4. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

The snakeskin looks better than the split loom, but that's just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth. What would you do with 40 subscriptions to Vibe anyways?

5. Marshall Sander

Marshall Sander Stunt Coordinator

Thanks.

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
  7. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

Ikea sells a similar product to snakeskin. I've used it and it's ok. I just started using velcro ties tonight and I like that so far.

Does anyone have pics of the back of their equipment racks? I'm looking for ideas on how to run my cables!!!