What's new

Recommendations for audio rack (1 Viewer)

Greg Br

Second Unit
really did not see a good forum to post this, I was wondering what racks would be good to take a look at. I would prefer 5 shelves but I could just get two racks of 4. I see many racks at stores that have glass but having a 2 year old that makes me a little nervous. Where is a good place to buy racks on-line?

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I got a Salamander Archetype 5 from Audio Advisor, it's quite nice. If you have the space to build your own (difficult for me to do in a NYC apartment!) you can make one that's identical for only a few bucks.

JamesG

Grip
You may want to take a look at the Euro Furniture line by Sanus. Great build quality, and very flexible. You start with a base unit (model = EFAB), and add as many shelves as you need (model = EFAS).

My 4 shelf Sanus rack was about $260, I think.

James

Eujin

Supporting Actor
I'm having a pair speaker stands custom made by Tyler Acoustics (www.tyleracoustics.com) but they also make equipment racks. It will cost more, but not very much more than regular quality racks and you can have them built to your specific needs. Tyler, the owner and designer, is a real pleasure to deal with. By the way, racks and stands are just a sideline for him, as high-end speakers are what his company is known for.

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
I recently went through this too, looked at pert near everything out there. Audioadvisor was nice but I didn't really want to pay alot for this muffler. I ended up finding the Studiotech AS-6B, 6 MDF shelves - not adjustable, adjustable carpet spikes but also comes with hardware for non-carpeted floors. Easy to put together, looks great! Here's a link to a picture of it - http://store4.yimg.com/I/vss-electronics_1675_2164846
I got it from realelectronics.com for $170 shipped.

Pete Gia

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick comment. I understand that MDF shelves are better than glass or wood, because MDF tends to absorb,rather than transfer vibration. However,I may be wrong.(I hope not,because mine are MDF)

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
Pete, you are right. (Boy that has a nice ring to it!;)) The overwhelming majority of speakers are manufactured using MDF for that reason.
Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks