Recommendations for a small (20-26 inch LCD TV)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DennisP, Mar 25, 2004.

1. DennisP

DennisP Stunt Coordinator

I want to replace the 20 inch JVC we have in our kitchen with an LCD. I'm in sensory overload trying to decide which is the best LCD to purchase (money and features).

So far we have seen a panasonic 20" TC20LA1 at Sam's for $964....has a nice picture and does the line doubling for regular 480i signals. We have 20" now and was hoping to get something a bit bigger..and am willing to spend a bit more..I can justify $1500 as my maximum.

I was impressed with a Sony KLV21SG2 21" HDTV 4:3 but local retailers are asking full retail $1700 for it. We have also seen a brand Byd:sign (China)...a 22" 16:9 with Faroundja DCDi technology..beautiful picture..but because we watch mostly regular TV in the kitchen...the 4:3 picture displayed on that set is either distorted (in 16:9)or much smaller (in 4:3) than what we get on our 20" now. To get a picture roughly the same size as what we see on our 20" TV now..I'd have to purchase a 16:9 in the 24" size or larger.

Anyone have recommendation of some LCD sets I haven't looked at yet.

How are the LCD's sold by Gateway...they have 23" for $1499 and a 26" for $1999.

Thanks to all who answer

2. Jeffrey Taylor

Can't speak specifically to your size range, but I have two Philips LCD's--a 3/4 15" and a 16/9 HD. Both have been terrific as kitchen sets--absolutely no complaints about the picture quality.