Recommendations for 32"-34" HDTV?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrianRS, Nov 2, 2003.

1. BrianRS

BrianRS Stunt Coordinator

Any recommendations on a 32"-34" direct view hdtv and places to purchase? (other than the obvious -BB, CC, etc)

2. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    Brian,
    I have just about decided on the Sony 34XBR910 and I will probably get it at Tweeter in Dallas or maybe Ultimate Electronics. The picture really looks great in HD where I have seen it at CC and Ulitmate. There is also a really great review of this set by Gary Merson in The Perfect Vision.
    http://www.theperfectvision.com/news...v34xbr910.html

3. dan fritzen

dan fritzen Second Unit

Matt is correct the Sony 34XBR910 is definitely tops, I have the older 34XBR800 and love it.

4. Randy Brist

Randy Brist Agent

Brian,

I've had the XBR910 now for about 2 weeks and don't regret my purchase at all. I get my HD material via cable, and it looks absolutely fantastic. I've had the neighbors over to check the set out- which reminds me of back in the day (yes, I'm old) when color TV was finally widely available and everyone flocked to see a neighbor's new set. It's fun being that neighbor now!

I am also very pleased with how the regular cable channels look, even when I use the wide zoom mode to make them fill the screen. My biggest concern with going to a 16X9 screen, was watching 4X3 material stretched. It took me all of about 2 days to get used to it.

I purchased mine through a local A/V store- Ovation. Many of the other places I checked did not have them in stock, but Ovation is a Sony XBR "preferred" dealer and I had no trouble getting one. I like the fact that if I have a problem with the set, help is only a couple miles away.

Randy