1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendation: small sub for music ($500 or so)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by AjayRAV, Jun 10, 2003.

1. AjayRAV

AjayRAV Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,

Am in the market for a sub that will be used in a small room (11X11ft). Since most of my listening will be music (75%), I am primarily interested in speed, accuracy and extension. Since my budget is approximately $500, I was looking at the Adire RAVA, Aperion Intimus S10 and the Hsu VTF2. Any suggestions? Would appreciate any feedback, especially from people who own one of the systems mentioned above and love it!

Thanks,
    Ajay

2. Jonny K

Jonny K Second Unit

Well I don't own any of those systems, and I haven't heard any of them either.

But whan I can say is that for about 400 US I bought all the parts for, and built my own Adire Tempest subwoofer, and I'm very pleased with it. In fact, it brings the house down.

Since this Adire sub works so well for me, I'd say you'll probably get good results with a RAVA also. (but that's just a guess). It's basically my sub with a smaller driver.

Jonny K.

3. Chris A H

Chris A H Stunt Coordinator

See the last post in this thread about the RAVA from the designer himself...