Recommendation on component video cable

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MitchJS, Mar 16, 2002.

1. MitchJS

MitchJS Extra

I am awaiting delivery of a new Toshiba 50hx81 widescreen tv and I want to pick up a good set of component video cables to hook up to my Panny rp91 progressive scan dvd player. I would like to keep it at $100 max. Any recommendations to match up to these components in my price range would be appreciated? I checked the Better Cables brand. How do they rate?

2. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

Bettercables are top quality cables. But you can find a little better value for your money IMO.
    You can find broadcast quality Canare and Belden component video cables that equal the performance of the bettercables brand for about half the price of the bettercables silver serpent series.
    Kevin C. [​IMG]

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Better Cables has a very good reputation.
    Some guys on eBay also make & sell cables using the coax and connectors that the production/broadcast studios use.
    You want to search on eBay for "Canare". You will find some good descriptions about the wonderful Canare RCA plugs, and the coax.
    Some guys mate the Canare plugs to Belden cable and this is an outstanding combination as well.
    We have also heard good things about the products offered by:
    www.catcables.com
    www.wickedcables.com
    All of these should run you around $100 or less, but IMHO you are getting HD rated cables similar to the $280 Monster Video 3.
    Good Luck.

4. Damon W

Damon W Extra

I bought my projector run component/svideo/composite cables from avcable.com. They sell professional quality cables at super prices. I plan on buying all of my interconnects from them as well.

5. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

Try RhinoCables.com They use a variety of top of the line Belden cables. I have been very happy with the cable performance and service offered. Saving my pennies for a set of their premium component cables[​IMG]