What's new

Recommendation on an AV component/optical switcher (1 Viewer)

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
I recently bought a new Playstation 3, and sadly found out that certain PS2 games do not render a good picture; thus, I have to keep my old PS2 around. Anyway, I now do need a decent AV component/optical switcher. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Regards,
orestes
P.S. BTW, post URL here where to buy switcher if a reliable e-tailer

BrianTwig

Second Unit
Similar but different question.

I have the Marantz SR5600 and it has two optical inputs. I however have 3 devices that have optical outputs. Thus one of them is not hooked up via optical. Is there a Y-spliter type thingy that I can hook two of the devices up to and into a single optical input on the receiver?

I have seen the oposite, where you can hook a single device upto multiple devices, like 1 DVD player to 2 TVs.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I picked up a 7 source pelican from BB that does a good job on component, optical and even does cat 5 ethernet for around $100

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
I've used an older Zektor switcher for years for both audio and HD video, and have been very happy with it. Excellent build quality and great customer service. It is remote controllable and lends itself well to use with universal/macro style remotes. Good stuff.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

I could really use an item like this - I would be running a DVD player, HD cable, and probably a Wii through it, sharing one input on my TV.

I don't really understand the issues as regards differently rated cables, etc. I definitely don't believe you have to sink "monster" type money into these devices.

Given what I'm planning on using the box for, are there any downsides for using this box? Any help welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks