What's new

Recommendation For Cd Jukebox (1 Viewer)

StephenL

Second Unit
Consider using a computer instead. You can rip all of your CDs to a large hard drive using lossless compression. The player will download and organize your CD collection's information including album, artist, song title, etc.

I'm using a Hoontech Soundtrack Audio DSP24 Value soundcard with optional digital I/O bracket, which provides bit-perfect output. The soundcard is connected via TOSLINK SPDIF to an Onkyo TX-DS898 receiver. I use the J. River Media Jukebox player because it provides gapless playback between tracks (where audio on the original CD is continuous from one track to the next). My CDs are ripped to a 160GB hard drive using Windows Media Audio Lossless compression.

Another advantage of using a computer: You can set up a network and make your entire CD collection available to any computer on the network.

ChrisPATT

Stunt Coordinator
I personally use a Sony CDP-CX450 (I believe). I have never had a problem with it, and it is very easy to use. I came with a keyboard, digital out, nice 2-way remote, etc..

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
I would suggest checking out Sony CDP-CX355 (300 disc) or Sony CDP-CX455 (400 disc) changers. They can be used as stand alone changers, or linked to a second & controlled by one remote. Multiple playback options, disc access by number, artist, etc. I have the CDP-CX450 (no longer being sold) & 455. Pretty smooth operation from both units. Analog or digital outputs (except when linked to a second changer). 800 disc playback access, relay play. Check previous threads on this site or others for user comments. Pioneer dosen't seem to be releasing any new large capicity changers at the moment. And the 200 disc JVC units aren't enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks