What's new

Recommend some artists similar to Lou Christie (1 Viewer)

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I've always been a fan of 60's pop rock, but never really explored the artists other than the big hits...such as Christie's "Lightnin' Strikes" and "The Gypsy Cried". I recently picked up his Enlightnin'ment Greatest Hits disc and have really been enjoying it. Recommend me some artists with similar stylings to check out. Thanks.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the 4 seasons
frankie vallie

i saw christie at greatadventure new jersey about 20 years ago during a concert with a bunch of other forgotten 60's acts.
while singing lightning strikes he gave a demonstration of how he is able yo hit the higher notes of the song.

guess what he did.

he grabbed himself and pulled up then sang the higher notes.

i swear its true.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Glad I missed that performance but did catch Aerosmith, I think on a SNL episode sittng on my TiVo recently, where Steven Tyler shows he finds that move helpful as well.

Lou Christie was pretty unique with his style and although I don't have any recordings of his, I recall his hits very well from the 60's. I would guess Del Shannon, who has a Rhino compilation you might like and possibly the Four Seasons if you like the falsetto singing would be where I suggest the OP start.

Chris

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I saw Lou do that a number of years ago too, he was touring with I think the Shangri-La's and The Kingsmen at the time.
Recommendations:
Roy Orbison
Dion (and the Belmonts)

I would recommend also hitting up both the iTunes music store for other ideas and also www.pandora.com, where you can create a "station" with the name Lou Christie and they'll find his songs and other similar artists, works great sometimes.

Good tunes though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks