What's new

recommend me superhero movies (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i enjoyed watching super hero movies, and i intend to collect them.

so far i am interested with

xmen

spiderman

blade 1 and 2

what else?

thanks in advance

Mike Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
felix_suwarno let me explain something as of now, there are very few good super hero or comic book movies that are any good. You have just about all the good ones, except the ones you havent mentioned,

Batman 1 & 2

The Punisher(I liked it but it is not very good)

Captin America(Its form the 70's and it sucked big time)

And the rest are all tv shows or cartoons.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
For a different kind of superhero movie, try Unbreakable.
You might also want to take a look at The Shadow & The Phantom

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
Probably one of the best superhero movies came out of Hong Kong:
The Heroic Trio
Starring Anita Mui as Wonderwoman (not that one), Maggie Cheung as Thiefcatcher, and Michelle Yeoh as Invisible Girl (not that one). :D

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
I'll second The Shadow, which is one of my guiltiest of guilty pleasure movies.
Oh, and also 60's Batman, because, well, it's 60's Batman. Every time I watch that movie I want to die laughing. Love the Bat Shark Repellant :D

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Super Hero Movies!

Darkman, Captain Berlin vs. Hykzor (supplement on Nekromantik DVD), Unbreakable, Superman, Batman, Batman returns, Batman (1966), The Punisher, the Shadow, the Phantom, Steel, The One, Spawn, Flash Gordon, Barbarella, She, Ricki-Ho:The story of Ricki, The Crow, He-Man: and the masters of the universe

Kinda like a superhero movies

Adventure of Baron Munchaulsen

Last man on Earth

Donnie Darko (with special control of the 4th dimension abilities!)

Tank Girl

Johnny Mnemonic

The Army of Darkness

The Toxic Avenger

Sgt. Kabuki-Man, NYPD

The Avengers

Dark City

Akira

And many more! Just check your local Mom&Pop video stores.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Duh! We forgot The Matrix
Duh, Duh the beer is my mommy, Der! (this old The State joke is not in refrence to The Matrix but in the fact we all seem to have overlooked it.:b

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
I nominate THE SPECIALS.

It's a darling of a little film that puts humanity into superheroes (3rd rate they may be).

It doesn't hurt that its one of the funniests movies I've seen in the last year.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got X-Men, Blade, Conan the Barbarian, Unbreakable, The Crow, Batman 1 & 2, Superman 1 & 2 and The Matrix.
I also got 2 of the 3 animated X-Men DVDs and a bunch more episodes on tape. I also got quite a few of the 1995 spider-man series on tape.
And I'll be getting all of the animated Batman DVDs that come out on the 23rd, hopefully.
Another good Batman movie (that I dont have) is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm which is a animated movie and is done by the same people who did Batman: TAS. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, Felix should enjoy himself a week from tomorrow, with all the Batman animated releases, including JL!

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Just for the record, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, is widely regarded as one of the best Batman movies ever, and is certainly one of the best superhero movies to ever come out of Hollywood.

It's been available on DVD (in movie form only) for about two years. I would love to see an SE someday of this movie.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Check out my website to see why Superman The Movie is the daddy of the comic book genre.
:)
Worth checking out Superman 3 and 4, to see why an Autuer and/or a bad screenplay can do to an American icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks